Garage Door Repair – DeForest, WI
Did the last garage door repair person say they replaced your torsion spring, but less than a year later, your spring broke again? We hear unfortunate stories like this all the time from disappointed customers in DeForest, WI. They feel betrayed; the company did not treat them fairly. Before this happens to you, here is the truth, when a torsion spring is installed correctly, the spring’s life cycle span is 7-12 years. If it lasted less than a year, the manufacturer guidelines; not followed and disregarded.
When it comes to professional garage door installations and repairs, your neighbors turn to us, their fully trained local Garage Door Pros. We carry an assortment of high-quality garage door parts and products, are always available to answer your door questions, and will provide you with expert solutions for all of your garage door repair concerns.
Broken Garage Door Spring Indicator in DeForest, WI
Does your garage door torsion spring show any of these signs? Your garage door slams to the ground. It makes a popping noise when opening. The door goes up a foot and stops. There is a 3-inch cap in your spring, or the top middle section of your door has a huge bend in it.
Those are just a few indicators you have a broken garage door torsion spring, and why your door malfunctioned. With these and other severe door issues, Local Garage Door Pros’s team in DeForest is the company that replaces critical spring parts. By following the manufacturer required spring installation procedures, we can guarantee our repairs will last the life cycle of the unit.
How We Test Garage Door Springs
If you believe you have a garage door, torsion spring problem, give us a quick call. We will drive out and inspect your entire garage door system. When we test your garage door spring, we follow a few necessary steps to determine if the spring is loose or broken.
- To avoid injury, we close the door so that it sits on the ground
- We pull the emergency cord on the door closer track, to disconnect the door
- Position ourselves in the middle of the door inside the garage
- Slowly lift the door to waist height
- Release the door to see if it remains stationary (Caution: Door may fall unexpectedly)
- If the door remains motionless, lift to shoulder height to see if it remains stationary
- If the door feels heavy, we will slowly lower the door back to the closed position
- If the door will not stay up, the torsion spring may need tightening/replacement
- If the door remains open but then starts falling, the spring has little to no tension
Local Garage Door Pros uses these troubleshooting steps to determine the extent of the garage door repair you may have. Should the results prove the garage door spring is a possible hazard or poses a safety risk, we will bring it to your attention immediately.
Other Garage Door Repairs We Provide DeForest, WI
When you are searching online for garage door repairs in DeForest, WI, you will quickly find us, Local Garage Door Pros. Since 2008, we have been providing garage door installation and repairs to homeowners, property managers, and construction business owners. Along with torsion spring repairs, we have a host of services that covers your entire garage door system.
- Annual system and hardware maintenance
- Repair different brands of garage door openers
- Short and long door panel replacement
- Bent or damaged roller replacing
- Replacing broken or misaligned springs
- Broken roller and hinge inspection and substitution
- Garage door installation and repairs
- Off-track garage door repairing
- Cable and pulley repairs
- Door remotes, and wireless keypad diagnostics examination
As you can see, if you have a garage door problem, we will fix it. Our Local Garage Door Pros team come equipped to evaluate the issue and provide you with repair solutions. When you give us a call, we will schedule a time to meet that works best for you.
Budget-Friendly Garage Door Repairs in DeForest, WI
All homeowners are budget conscious. Every property manager and construction business owner scrutinize their labor costs and profit margins closely. For that reason, the Local Garage Door Pros work hard to provide budget-friendly garage door repairs in DeForest, WI.
We will come out, offer a full diagnostic, and a written estimate for a nominal service call fee. Should you decide to move forward and take the next step with us, we will remove that expense from the total cost of the job.
Our DeForest, WI, team is ready to assist with repairs and your garage door’s maintenance issues. Contact us online or give us a call at (608) 515-1449 to set up a quick repair or maintenance appointment today.